Cracking JEE mains with a remarkable score and gracious All India Rank is the dream of every IIT aspirant for which they are continuously burning the candle at both ends. The goal is to score maximum in exams in order to secure their seat in one of the leading engineering institutes specifically IITs. But scoring good marks in exams is not a cakewalk.
NTA (National Testing Agency) the JEE mains exam conducting authority has announced that a total of 9,39,008 candidates appeared in all four sessions of JEE mains examination 2021, out of which 18 candidates score top ALL India Rank and 44 candidates have scored 100 percentile. These stats imply that to bag your seat in one of the 25 IITs of the country, you need to prepare well and score good marks in exam. Hard work, persistence, unwavering determination, and commitment will help you in nailing your exams for your dream college.
As the examination is just on the horizon for the 2021-22 session, many students feel an overwhelming burden to finish their syllabus on time and acing their preparation to score decent marks and get enrollment in prestigious IIT colleges. Here we present 7 expert’s recommended tips and key strategies to help you score maximum marks in JEE mains exams and fulfill your dream of reputed IIT college.
Tips to score maximum in JEE mains
- Follow a study schedule: The preparation to score maximum in exams starts by preparing an effective study schedule. Prepare a realistic study schedule with regular breaks, and follow it every day by heart. Don’t procrastinate and overcome all the laziness, it’s time to buckle up and study with all your focus. Our experts at ALLEN overseas, recommend you to draft your hourly study schedule on paper and stick it somewhere you can easily see. So that it can serve as a constant reminder of what you need to achieve before you call it a day.
- Plan a subject-wise study approach: Different subjects require different study approaches. For example, for chemistry, the majority will be of direct questions from NCERT, hence you can apply direct concepts to solve them, but for physics and maths, there will be lots of numerical questions, so you need to do lots of practice to master those questions and concepts applicable for solving them. Therefore, just reading won’t cut it anymore, plan your topic-wise study approach, and don’t forget NCERT, NTA follows NCERT, so you should too.
- Prioritize important topics: For effective exam preparation, prioritize your important topics from each subject based on their weightage and prepare them first. Be it, important maths formula, physics concept, or chemistry chemical reaction, prepare each important topic thoroughly to score maximum marks in JEE mains exam. For your reference, here’s a list of all the important topics according to their weightage…
|Atomic Structure||Heat & Thermodynamics||3 Dimensional Geometry|
|Gaseous & Liquid State||Ray Optics||Vectors|
|Electrochemistry||Electromagnetic Waves||Determinant & Matrices|
|Chemical Kinetics||Semiconductors||Sequence & Series|
|Nuclear & Surface Chemistry||Error & Instrument Analysis||Straight Line|
|d-Block Elements||Wave Optics||Probability Distribution (Binomial + Mean & Variance)|
|Co-ordination Compound||Photoelectric Effect||Definite Integral & Area Under the Curve|
|Alkyl Halides||Oscillations||Limits, Continuity & Differentiability|
|Aromatic Compounds||Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current||Functions|
|Thermodynamics||Rotation||Application of Derivatives|
|p-Block Elements||Kinematics||Conic Sections|
|General Organic Chemistry||Electrostatics||Complex Number|
|Isomerism||Current Electricity & Capacitors||Quadratic Equation|
|Aldehydes and Ketones||Properties of Matter||Binomial Theorem & M. I.|
|Carboxylic Acids & Its Derivatives||Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism|
|Bohr’s Atomic Model|
|Waves & Sound|
- Thoroughly revise full syllabus: For fruitful exam preparation, you must make adequate time for revision. Revise your full syllabus using smart revision techniques like mind maps, flowcharts, flashcards, diagrams, videos, or any other visual aid that helps you in better retaining the information. Once you are done with your revision, start solving the associated questions to make sure that you learn, understand, and can apply the concepts easily.
- Practice previous year papers: Practice leads to success. You need to solve as many questions from previous year’s question papers as you can, this way, you can acquaint yourself with the exam pattern, types of questions asked, and weightage of each topic. By any chance, if there’s the same question in the exam that you have solved previously, you know how to solve it.
- Join online coaching: If you are already enrolled in a coaching institute, then ask your mentor for guidance, tips, and advice, if not, then joining online classes like ALLEN Overseas would be beneficial for you in so many ways. You can revise your whole syllabus on time, ask your doubts from mentors, seek guidance about time management, ask for a personalized study schedule, learn crucial exam tips and tricks, and power up your practice with their test series/sample papers.
- Stay healthy: Maintaining your health is vital for acing your JEE mains examinations. Amid everything, you need to follow a healthy routine. Don’t skip meals, eat three nutritious meals a day, sleep about 7-9 hours daily, spend 15-20 minutes exercising, stay hydrated and eat nutritious snacks throughout the day. You don’t want exhaustion to creep up and throw all your efforts down the drain on the big day now, do you? Keep your mind focused and your body in top condition, then only you’ll be able to score good marks in JEE mains exam.
These are some of the expert’s recommended tips and strategies to score maximum marks in JEE mains examination. Implement those tips and you’ll be able to score good marks. In case you need any help, ALLEN Overseas experienced faculty team is here for you. We have experience of more than 33 years and a remarkable track record of repetitive success in various competitive exams including JEE and NEET-UG. Reach out to us with your queries, comments, and suggestions and we will gladly assist you.